Another Ceiling Collapses in Westlake Hostel

Share this post on Facebook



By Eugene Kok Li-Jin

Kampar, 14 July (J-On) - A resident here received a rude shock last Wednesday when she returned home to find her room's ceiling had collapsed onto the floor.

When contacted, Florence (not real name) who was not home when the incident occurred said that she was shocked to find her room in a mess.

“I was dumbfounded when I first saw my room, it took a while to register that the ceiling collapsed as it is not a sight you see everyday," she said.



“I'm still very glad and grateful that I wasn't in the room when it happened because the ceiling collapsed right on my bed and chair, there is a high possibility that it would have landed on me if I was in the room," she added.

Florence explained that the collapse may have been due to a leak in the roof.

“The ceiling leaked a couple of times before, when there is heavy rain. But I didn't report it to my owner, it always slipped my mind as it didn't affect me much, I underestimated how serious it could get, I never thought that the ceiling would collapsed!" she said.



The collapse damaged her laptop and soaked her books and other belongings.

The particular unit of house situated in Westlake is privately owned and repairs has since been made however no compensation was given.

This is not the first incident of collapsing ceilings as a result of leaking roofs in Westlake.


Editor's note: Florence has requested anonymity to ensure her continued tenancy. Pictures published with victim's permission.


Filed Under: , ,