Students' say: Where do I want to graduate?

Share this post on Facebook



Last week we asked our readers to write in on where they would like their convocation to be held, here is what you have to say:


I am going to graduate most probably in August 2011. I entered UTAR Kampar as the first batch of the 500 students from foundation. It will be memorable to be able to graduate here. It holds so much meaning to me.

Since there is lack of space to hold the convocation in UTAR Kampar, I would like to suggest holding it in open air, just like convocations overseas. UTAR Kampar has great scenery. So why not make good use of it?

Also, I do hope UTAR could speed up the construction of the Grand Hall.

Anne Tan, Marketing


----------------------------------------


I prefer my convocation to be in Kuala Lumpur because it is much easier for us Sarawakian to reach KLIA without the need to waste our time and money to travel to Kampar. Furthermore, I don't think Kampar have enough hotels for parents to stay during the convocation.

Having to wait for half a year for the convocation and to get the transcript as well as waiting for the confirmation of the date is already wasting our time and money. As Sarawakian, I have to book the flight ticket for my whole family to attend the convocation.

Monica, Biotechnology


----------------------------------------


No! No! No! I don't want my graduation to be in Kampar! I want it to be in Kuala Lumpur so we can go on an outing after the ceremony. If its at Kampar, what are we going to do? Yum Cha at mamak? Come on! Its a memorable day, don't do it at Kampar!

Goh Thuan Yung, Accounting


----------------------------------------


I prefer Kampar as the place for convocation for the first batch of degree students. All our memories in the past three years have been here. Also, we also hope to take pictures with our coursemates and lecturers once the convocation ceremony has ended.

Simon Lau, Business Information Systems


----------------------------------------


I would prefer my convocation to be held at Kampar. It doesn't matter if the venue is at UTAR or KTAR as long as it is convenient to all of us. We have been here for almost 3 years and Kampar has eventually become our second home.

If the convocation is held at Kuala Lumpur, it will be a disaster for all the students and their parents who are not from Kuala Lumpur. They have to travel all the way there and I am worried about the accommodation and also transportation. Some families who drive there doesn't mean that they know the roads there.

Last but not least, we really hope that our convocation will be here as we're the first batch of degree students at here. Though most of the time we complain that Kampar is such a boring place but we do feel grateful to be here.

Mu Yin Yeng, Public Relations


----------------------------------------


I want my convocation venue to be at Kampar. Kampar has watched my study life since the first day here. No matter how unsatisfied I am with the condition, people or other things, I want to be able to graduate here.

Besides, Kampar campus has beautiful scenery and is good for convocation phototaking. Kampar is a large campus, why must we pay high fees for our convocation to be held at a congested building. I studied here, I graduate here, no other place.

Jack, Psychology


----------------------------------------


Where would I want it be held? Its Kampar for sure. It's like what? We spent the last three years in MCA hall? Come on, it is Kampar! It's not a big town, but it a place where our campus is. No other choice, just Kampar.

Tan Kiat Hoe, Psychology


Filed Under: , ,