Westlake Homes, More Than Meets The Eyes?

Share this post on Facebook



by Woon Pei-Jing, Wong An Yong

Westlake Homes boasts that they provide “elegant home(s)”, but this is far from their tenants’ experience.

Here are some of the residents’ complains about the place.

Surin Kumar told J-on that his laptop and mobile phone were stolen when he was taking a nap in his room last year. Such cases are not uncommon and the intruder(s) have yet to be reportedly caught hitherto.

Surin also complained about extra charges being billed to him.

“I have been charged extra for facility damages supposedly done by me. I was charged RM350.00 although it was not even my fault,” he said.

He has already decided to move out from Westlake once his tenancy agreement with the management company (Danish House) expires.

Surin will be shifting out after the expiry of his tenancy agreement.

On another hand, Siew Nay Wen complained that there are cracks on the walls in her house. Again, this is a common problem faced by tenants in Westlake.

“There is even a hole in one of my friend’s room. It feels like the construction of the houses is fragile,” she added.

She also expressed fear for her safety.

“After hearing about the collapse of the new building behind the Oxford house, I’m now more concerned with our safety, and asked myself whether I am staying in a safe place,” she said.

Siew is worried about her safety while staying at Westlake.

Another resident, Kweh Shin Yee complained that too many are people staying in the house.

She lamented, “It’s sort of noisy and I can’t concentrate on doing things especially when I am doing my revision.”

Kweh was also dissatisfied with other service provided. “The Internet service is not sufficient to meet the residents’ needs because the ground and first floor’s residents (numbering about 9) have to share only one modem.”

Kweh thinks the house is noisy.

Like Kweh, Tan also complained about the Internet service at Westlake homes. She said, “Internet service is getting worse. Maintenance people do come and repair it, but it is out of service again after they leave.”

Tan also had problems getting the management to fix a door.

“The maintenance side explained that they could not fix up the door in the living room because it was a complicated process to fix it up!” she said.

The laundry service was another area which Tan was not happy about.

“When I took my clothes back from the laundry, many of them were damaged because of coloring.”

Tan lamented about the frequency and time of the service provided.

She said, “Sending the clothes to the laundry once a week is not enough. Because of that, I have to wash some of the clothes myself.

“I hope the time restricted for laundry service is not so stringent. Sometimes when I have class or is busy on that day, I may miss the ‘deadline” by a few minutes and the laundry people would refuse to accept my laundry.”

Tan: “Internet services getting worse.”

J-on has approached Danish House for further investigation. However, the management refused to provide any response regarding to the above issues.

With the aforementioned issues in the open, J-On hopes that the management company will continue improving the quality of the homes as well as their services.


Filed Under: , ,